NEWCOMER EMPLOYMENT ACTIVITY SURVEY
Laridae is working with the Workforce Development Board (WDB) to conduct a study of Newcomer Employment Activity in our region. They are surveying local Employers to learn more about their views, concerns and needs with respect to recruiting and hiring newcomers to Canada.
Please help WDB get an accurate picture of newcomer employment integration in our region, by taking a short survey. The survey will be open until February 5th. It should take about ten minutes to complete. Your response will be anonymous.
About the Newcomer Employment Integration Project
- The aim of the study is to provide new information to document what’s happening in our regional workforce-from the perspective of both newcomer job-seekers and employers.
- Research findings will feed into future program design and resource allocation for employment services.
- Newcomer employment integration is important to the economic success of our region. Canada’s aging workforce means that immigration continues to be necessary to ensure a vibrant economy in the future.
- A key part of the study: what are Newcomer Employment Activity perceptions and needsregarding hiring newcomers, especially in industries that have difficulty recruiting and retaining workers?
- We are reaching out to local employers, municipalities, economic development organizations, employment service providers, and other agencies that support newcomers in finding and retaining employment.
- The study will cover Peterborough City and County, Northumberland County, Haliburton County, and City of Kawartha Lakes. It is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development (MAESD) and administered by the Workforce Development Board(WDB)/Local Employment Planning Council. The final report will be available on the WDB website later in 2018.