Who We Are
Supporting the success and growth of manufacturers in Peterborough and the Kawartha Lakes Region.
Manufacturing has been a core strength of Peterborough and the Kawartha Lakes regions for over a century. Over the past decade the sector has transformed into a creative economy hotbed. Innovation, creativity and technological strength are now the basis of our success.
The Kawartha Manufacturers Association’s (KMA) objective is to grow the regional economy through World Class Manufacturing and the development of a diverse, highly skilled workforce. We do this through strategic partnerships with industry, government, educational institutions and community stakeholders.
What We Do
KMA’s objective is to grow the regional economy through World Class Manufacturing and the development of a diverse, highly skilled workforce.
- Creation and promotion of development, training and funding opportunities.
- Provide networking and best practice sharing opportunities in the Kawarthas region and in Eastern Ontario (Tri-Association initiatives).
- Raise and promote manufacturing issues with all levels of Government.
Promote strategic partnerships with industry, government, education Institutions and community stakeholders.
To increase the competitiveness and competencies of manufactures’ in the Kawarthas by:
- Providing a forum for sharing information, ideas and resources.
- Promoting continuous improvement through education in contemporary management and manufacturing practices.
- Improving the appreciation of manufacturing and its contribution to regional quality of life.
- Improving links between education, other manufacturers and government.
There is a local and global shift that is transforming manufacturing into a high tech sector. The Kawartha Manufacturers Association provides information and resources to help you and your business grow and succeed in the Advance Manufacturing sector. Through becoming a member of the KMA, you will have access to the latest collection of manufacturing news and opportunities locally, provincially and nationally.
- Conferences & meetings
- Partnerships with other organizations and associations
- Grow your network
- First to know about Government and other funding availability
- Access to Manufacturing focused funding
- Media promotion
- Keep up to date on the latest regulations, innovations and trends
- Support with ongoing initiatives including training programs
- Industry Workshops and speaking events
- Monthly newsletters
Become a member
Are you interested in becoming a member of the Kawartha Manufacturers Association?
We need to learn some more information about you and your business. Please download and fill out our Membership Application listed below.
Once you complete your application, please email it to us using the contact form below, or deliver it in person to our office.
The KMA Membership runs from January until December.
- Regular Voting Membership (Manufacturing) $175
- Affiliate Non-Voting Membership (Non-Manufacturing) $175